Data Processing notice (GDPR Statement) for Membership form
Purley Canoe Club (PCC) takes your privacy seriously. We will only use your data to administer your account.
When you become a member, or renew your membership with Purley Canoe Club, you agree to the use of your personal data for:-
- Administering your PCC membership via the PCC Cloud storage facility,
- Administering your PCC Website account,
- Administering your PCC Webcollect account,
- PCC contacting you with club notices relevant to your membership.
We will only retain your data for as long as we need to administer your membership.
We will use your personal data for administering your entry onto PCC activities. This includes, but is not limited to:-
- Sending you information about the activity and directions.
- Activity relevant information may also be published on the PCC website or other media.
By entering PCC activities you agree that we may also publish your personal information as part of the PCC Touring Awards and other club competitions. This could be for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing club results or rankings.
This may be for the activity you are entering or to be combined with, or compared to, other activities. The details of your entry may also be passed to PCC coaches and officials in order to organise the event, using the information you provided.
The club takes photos of, or videos of, its members. These will be used on the PCC website, and may be used on the PCC Facebook page, local press and British Canoeing. They are also used to generally promote the club (see BC Photographic guidelines 2016 for more details).
If you are in agreement for images of you to be published you will be asked on your membership form to tick the box below. :-
- Publish images containing me
- If you are signing on behalf of a child please confirm if you agree to publish images containing your child
- We confirm that our children are not subject to any court order prohibiting publication of their image.
The Club would like to communicate with you in the most appropriate way using a variety of communication methods. You will be asked on your membership form to “Mark” all your acceptable methods of communication.
- I want to receive PCC communications – Yes ?
- I want to receive a PCC Newsletter twice a year as a letter – Yes?
- How would you like PCC to contact you? (Please tick the box’s below):
- Website forum
You may unsubscribe at any time from these communications.
For more details on how we process your information please read the
- “PCC GDPR Statement”
- “PCC Policy for storing medical and next of kin details The purpose of storing medical and next of kin details is outlined in the BC Paddlesafer (June 2019, Section 4.5, p.22)
- Or contact the PCC Data Protection Officer or the Club Chair.
The Club has completed a PCC GDPR Audit of all the information the Club stores on its members.
Purley Canoe Club will ask for your consent, to share your details with British Canoeing if you are not already a British Canoeing member and you are a “PCC Paddler”. This is to provide insurance for your club activities. British Canoeing will provide you with access to an online portal to administer your details.
British Canoeing will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your Go Membership portal. Among other things, the portal allows you to set and amend your privacy settings, and also sign up to the member newsletter if desired. You can also delete your account.
If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with British Canoeing, please contact email@example.com.
How would you like the BC to contact you? (On your membership form you will be asked to tick the box’s below):-
.On your PCC membership form you will be asked to sign the following declaration’s :-
N.B.:- A parent or guardian must sign these declarations on behalf of anyone applying for Junior Membership.
- I confirm that the Data I have provided in my Membership Form is accurate at the time of completing the form.
- I agree to the Data provided by me being held by Purley Canoe Club in accordance with the PCC GDPR Statement in order for my data to be used for Club administration and to keep me informed of Cub Activities.
- I understand and will comply with the BC Water Confidence statement when paddling on club events
- I consent to share my information with British Canoeing – All “PCC paddlers” must sign this declaration
- I understand and agree with the PCC Declaration which is based on the PCC Constitution.
- ALL PCC members must sign this declaration
- A copy of the Club Constitution is available on request from Club Officials.
N.B. “PCC Paddlers” are those members who physically paddle with the Club. “Non PCC Paddlers” are those members who do not physically paddle with the club e.g. family members who watch from the bank.
- You can change you “Privacy” settings on your Profile page.
- You can request a “Data Download” from your Profile page
- You can make a request to “Erase your Data” from your Profile page
- Club Members can visit the “Help” pages on the “Members” website and visit the “Help – Members Account & Profile” page, to get help on changing privacy settings etc.
The Club has completed a GDPR Audit of all the information the Club stores in relation to its members which is available to members, on request. (Policies, Procedures & Risk Assessments in the Members Website)
If you have any questions about the Club’s compliance with GDPR please contact the Club’s Data Protection Officer.